Experience nature.Around the Bavarian Forest.
Enjoy unique moments and experience the Bavarian Forest in its most natural form.
Attractions and inspiring moments: The many ways of spending a great time in the Bavarian Forest. From our hotel in St. Oswald, the picturesque former monastery town of the order of St. Paul, the Augustinians and the Benedictines, you can comfortably set out for many sights, activities and excursions in the region. We have put together some advice for you to make your choice easier:
- Skiing areas with a guarantee for snow (Skizentrum Mitterdorf, Großer Arber)
- Bicycle and mountain bike tours, also by E-Bike
- Forrest running and hiking paths with very good sinage.
- Cross-country skiing area with more than 300 km of developed track networks
- Forest-history museum in St. Oswald
- Longest tree top path of Europe in Neuschönau
- Animal free-range area in the National Park (Falkenstein, Neuschönau)
- Snowshoe hike e.g. to our local mountain "Lusen"
- Open-air museum Finsterau with its own herbal garden
- Perfect skating trails in summer and winter (Finsterau)
- Border-crossing tours to the Czech Republic
- Idyllic bathing lakes and natural swimming baths
- Free use of the Igelbus buses and the Waldbahn
- 18-Hole-Golf-court in Sankt Oswald
- Arts and crafts glass (Glasmanufaktur Frauenau, Glasmuseum Frauenau, Kristallglasfabrik Zwiesel)
- Handweberei Moser, Wegscheid
- Many cultural day excursion destinations (Passau, Regensburg)